Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mercury in Retrograde

Hello from my chaotic corner of the universe. Yes, universe.

Now normally, I am not a big astrology buff or believer, but I do recognize that the universe has many mysteries, secrets, rules and patterns that while they defy logic are true. Just because you don't believe doesn't mean it's not true. So when a friend, knowing I am a Virgo, mentioned to me at the end of June that Mercury was going to be in retrograde for most of July, I said thanks and promptly put it out of my mind...until today.

For the last two weeks, although I have been trying ignore it, things have been going awry in my life.

* Communication between G and I, normally a strong point for us, has been poor to say the least. Although we had a great weekend 2 weeks ago, something in the back of my mind was bothering me, almost like a fog over all of pleasant times. Then this weekend the unthinkable happened, we didn't have sex...the whole weekend! Friday night we got into a huge fight over nothing, Saturday we made up but ended up staying up too late and fell asleep, Sunday I was emotionally exhausted and I begged off sex. I did give G a BJ as he needed the relief. Monday we tried, and I came, but G for whatever reason couldn't cum. Last night was a 'planned' night off. That is not us at all :(

*Since G has a work vehicle, we have 3 cars. On the day back from our vacation car #1 wouldn't start... G tries everyday for 3 days to get it going no luck...on the 4th day, viola it starts up with no sign of whatever was wrong, strange. The next morning, car #2 wouldn't start, as G and I were heading to the spa, OK...we'll take car #3 since we are still not sure what was wrong with #1 and #2 is completely dead. On the way home #3 starts makes such a loud noise, it sounds like the engine is about to explode. Next day G takes car #1 to work and I call AAA for #2 and take #3 to the shop...the shop can't get #3 to make the noise again and see nothing wrong...hmm...we get #2 up and running again. Seeing the garage said #3 was fine, I stupidly take it work...on the way home it starts to overheat, I have 2 pull over 3 times to let it cool down and finally get home, so AAA can tow it in....to the dealership this time.

There are a dozen other examples of stuff going wrong....work, kids, arrangements with son's college, arrangements with sleep away camp, you get the idea.

What does this have to do with Mercury in retrograde? You can read about it at Astrology Zone but the short answer from that site:

What happens when Mercury retrogrades? You miss appointments, your computer equipment crashes, checks get lost, you find the car you just purchased during Mercury retrograde is a lemon. (Or, you hate your haircut, the lamp you bought shorts out, your sister hates her birthday gift.) There will be countless delays, cancellations and postponements--but know these will benefit you in the long run. Don't fight them, although your frustration level and feeling of restlessness will be hard to cope with at times.

Gemini and Virgo are signs ruled by Mercury, so if you are one of those born during those months, you will be complaining especially loudly. If you work in the industries ruled by this planet such as sales, writing, public relations, advertising, publishing, air freight, the post office or express mail, any transportation industry, from the airlines to Amtrak, you'll also be especially vulnerable to this planet's weird motions in September.

I am a Virgo in publishing...so yeah...

Now, devil's advocate that you are, I know you are asking am I just looking for an excuse to explain away this rough time? Perhaps, but there are just too many to dismiss the notion...remember:

Just because you don't believe doesn't mean it isn't true.

11 Comments:

Blogger Sexy Duet said...

Its good to have something to blame the bad stuff on anyway. Hope things improve for you soon.

Ms SD

12:14 AM  
Blogger Spirit57 said...

Things will get better ...you two will grind thru this.

Miss Ya!

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arghh!! I'm Gemini in Public Relations... ;-((( Lucky me... I'm in vacations... ;-)

7:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hang in there, rough patches smooth out.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Suck Me said...

The universe is a funny old thing. We just have to go along with its flow and hope it doesn't poop on us from a great height :p

1:07 PM  
Blogger Jemima said...

Well that helps explain somethings! I'm a virgo and life has been shit to say the least and I keep crying.

11:39 AM  
Blogger marriedwithsex said...

Thanks for all the support! Jemima: hang in there sister...we are almost there!

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just as long as Mercury doesn't become a reprobate!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Romantic Sex Addiction said...

Communication is a key to all relationships. Songbird and I are both Capricorns, and we always talk. But never try to put either one of us in charge of a project....ever see to Caps plan a wedding?

11:09 AM  
Blogger Walter said...

In a relationship, as you know, you have to roll with the punches sometimes.
If things are meant to be, they will be.

I'm enjoying the blog... first time I've been here, so I've some catching up to do!

1:41 PM  
Blogger 2hot2m8 said...

I'm a Virgo too. This aspect sucks. A good time to finish old projects or do research.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home